If you are a faith leader, please seriously consider the following request. If you are not a faith leader, please seriously consider sharing this request with persons in your network who are. Start with your own pastor, rabbi, imam, priest, reverend, spiritual leader, shaman, leader, etc.
Interfaith Children's Movement is a member of the Protect Our Care Georgia coalition and the Together Medicaid health care campaign to raise awareness within the greater faith community of the need to protect health care for Georgia's children and vulnerable families. And it is time to bring the collective voice of our faith leaders to Georgia's U.S. Senators, Sen. Johnny Isakson and Sen. David Perdue. They represent the millions of Georgia children and families whose lives will be adversely impacted by the proposed cuts to Medicaid.
Please click on the link below and sign onto the letter by midnight Monday, May 29, 2017. Then, share the letter with other faith leaders in your network.
Let us raise a moral voice in defense of the most vulnerable in our society -- children in foster care, children and adults with disabilities, children living in poverty and the elderly.
Please click the link below and sign on today!
Additional information provided by Georgia Budget and Policy Institute:
What actions are we asking you to take?
- Sign onto the letter to Sen. Isakson and Sen. Perdue by midnight Monday, May 29, 2017
- Re-distribute this sign-on action letter to clergy in your network;
- Have a moment of prayer/meditation for health care for our children and families in Georgia;
- Visit www.protectourcarega.org to become a part of this effort;
- Follow Interfaith Children's Movement on Facebook (@InterfaithChildrensMovement) and Twitter (@ICMGeorgia) for more information and action steps.